Can I change modules?
There are certain situations in which you can request to change an elective module; if you have:
- A significant career aspiration change
- possibly after being on placement
- Poor result in earlier associated modules
- Caring commitments where there is no option to change to another seminar group that would fit in with your commitments
- Chosen your elective before arriving at SHU and having joined your course you now feel that you made the wrong choice
If you wish to change an elective module it is important that you contact your Faculty Helpdesk as soon as possible, preferably before the start of teaching. You will need to complete an elective change request form.
Please note that completing a form or discussing your request with a member of the Student Services team does not guarantee that your proposed change of elective will be possible.
All requests should be submitted and considered before Thursday of the 2nd week of teaching (for each semester/trimester). This is to ensure that you do not miss too much teaching on your preferred module which could adversely affect your final mark.
Student Services staff will discuss and consider the request, using the criteria above. In exceptional cases, this may involve a discussion about your circumstances with relevant academic colleagues e.g. Course/ Programme Leader. The outcome of your request will be communicated to you and the Timetabling team will also be informed so that your timetable can be revised.