Your SHUcard

Your SHUcard is your University membership and ID card. This covers Hallam Union and the National Union of Students (NUS). 

You need your SHUcard to get in to the libraries, halls of residence and to use many other University services and facilities, including gaining entry into exams.

You should receive your SHUcard when you enrol; however, if for some reason you don't you can request one at either Owen or Heart of the Campus reception (remember to bring confirmation of enrolment).

Your on-campus reward card

Your SHUcard is also the most convenient and rewarding way to pay for goods and services on campus, including your printing. You can top up securely online via SHUgo, or at one of the top up points across campus.

Top up

  • Top up by £25 and receive an extra 5% in loyalty points to discount the cost of purchases in catering outlets.
  • For every £1 spent in our catering outlets, get an extra 5% in catering loyalty points
  • Use your card in Blackwell’s bookshop on Mappin Street and benefit from discounts and seasonal offers
  • Exclusive offers available in The Print Shop and Sheffield Hallam Students’ Union
  • Look out for catering offers, further discounts and seasonal giveaways

Access control

At some point during the course of your studies you may require a key or an access control card. This could be because you are a research student and need access to a particular laboratory, or you need to replace a key to your accommodation. To request additional access you need to complete an access control application form [SHU70].

What to do if you lose your SHUcard

If your SHUcard was stolen you can order a replacement free-of-charge, but you must report the incident to the police to obtain a crime reference number.

Lost or damaged cards can be replaced for a fee of £10.

Cards will be ready to collect the following working day.

Further information

If you have any queries about your SHUcard, contact your nearest reception point.

Related topics: