I can't attend my exam - what should I do?

You must ensure that you are available for examinations.


If you cannot attend your examination due to illness contact your Faculty Helpdesk as soon as possible. If appropriate, they will help you to submit a Request to repeat an assessment attempt (RRAA) form.

Representing the University / University Exchange

If you are representing the University in an event or on a University exchange and are unable to sit your examinations at Sheffield Hallam University, you should discuss this with your course leader in order to defer your exam. Deferring may not always be permitted and you should be aware of the risks in deferring your assessment. If you do not pass your deferred assessment this may affect your progression to the next level or risk you achieving your award.

Therefore, although the University may support students attending such events, it is recommended that where possible, you attend your exam at Sheffield Hallam University at the designated time.

If agreed, the course leader will request permission from the Subject Assessment Board and your assessment will be marked as deferred.

Related topics: 
Total votes: 247
How useful was this page?