Booking a Study Needs Assessment
After you have applied for DSA and your funding authority has written to you to say you are entitled to DSA, you will need to book a Study Needs Assessment. Contact Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre to make an appointment.
The Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre (SRAC) is based here at Sheffield Hallam University - telephone 0114 225 3623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Assessment Centres in other locations visit the DSA QAG website.
Sheffield Hallam University strongly recommends that disabled students attend Study Needs Assessment at SRAC for the following reasons:
- high quality assessments
- assessors have good knowledge of the support available at Sheffield Hallam
- minimum delay between the assessment and receiving your support
- much easier to access follow-up support after your assessment
Accessing support recommended in the Study Needs Assessment
Depending on what you have been recommended it is likely that you need to do three things:
- Review and approve your learning contract - you will receive an email in your SHU account after your assessment with a link to view and approve the contract
- Arrange for the delivery of equipment - you need to wait for a letter from your funding authority (this normally takes about a month)
- Arrange your support workers