What medical evidence do I need to use Disabled Student Support?

All students need to provide medical evidence of their condition before we can provide support. In most cases this is a letter from your GP. If you already have evidence please provide a copy so that we can check that it matches the guidelines. If you need to request evidence please either:

  • Ask your GP to complete a Medical Evidence Proforma [Word | PDF] (SFE funded students)
  • Ask your GP to write a letter based on these guidelines (NHS funded students who still receive a bursary)

If you have a specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia or dyspraxia) you will need a full psychological assessment report from an Educational Psychologist or specialist teacher. This report needs to have been undertaken when you were 16 years old or over. Contact Disabled Student Support for more information about how to arrange an assessment if you think you need one, as we may be able to provide a diagnostic assessment.

Keep a copy of your medical evidence - you can provide us with a copy in one of the following ways:

Related topics: 
Total votes: 301
How useful was this page?