How to get support

These are the steps to getting full disability support at SHU.

We provide support to students with a wide range of conditions.

If you are going on a paid placement you become an employee; support is provided by Access to Work and not by the University.

You may experience distress or problems with your mental health during your time at SHU. Disabled Student Support and Student Wellbeing can support you in different ways.

Support workers are people who are paid to work with students as part of their disabled student support.