Can I start my own business during my placement year?
If you're thinking of setting up your own business, then we can help you gain the skills and experience you need through the University's Placement Year Enterprise Scholarship (PYES). We can support you during your placement year to try out your ideas and see whether they work in a real business situation.
The scheme offers
- an accredited module which is assessed by work-based learning. This means it counts towards your final degree mark.
- an independent business advisor who will support you on your placement through regular review meetings
- the chance to tap into specialist advice from marketing, accountancy, law, intellectual property and product development experts
- a place in The Hatchery®, our 24/7 business accommodation with free facilities including office equipment, access to PCs, MACs and phones, as well as a meeting room
- we offer both funded and non-funded opportunities on this placement
- Find out more on Careers Central
How to apply
You can apply for the Placement Year Enterprise Scholarship (PYES) through your placement support team. For further information contact the Enterprise team on 0114 225 3131 or email email@example.com, or visit us in the Careers and Employment Centre, City campus.