Applying to study abroad as a Sheffield Hallam student
Allocations of study abroad places are made on the basis of your expression of interest form which includes a personal statement. You must also have completed at least level 4 of your undergraduate course prior to exchange.
You are recommended to choose three institutions (if available) to increase your chances of being nominated. Some exchange partners are oversubscribed. Please ensure you select only one international / non-European partner as part of your three choices.
Your personal statement should not exceed 1000 words and should explain:
- Your choice of host institution and course / modules
- How you feel the study abroad will support your future studies and personal development
- How you plan to be a positive ambassador for SHU during your study abroad
- What might be the most valuable aspects of the study abroad for you
Step 1: ELIGIBILITY CHECK
Please use the information on the Go Global site to check if your course is eligible for international study abroad.
Step 2: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Submit an online application for study abroad using the ‘Apply now’ button at the top of this page. The form will be live from April 2021. The deadline for expressions of interest for the next academic year is 9th May 2021.
Please ensure you select only one international / non-European partner as part of your three choices.
Step 3: APPLICATION TO PARTNER
Following your expression of interest, you will be notified whether you have been approved to study abroad and at which partner you have been provisionally allocated a place. At this point please confirm your intentions to study abroad. You will be sent information about the application procedure and deadlines for that partner. You must submit an application to the partner university prior to their application deadline. Once you have applied you must:
- research your partner institution and host city/country
- attend any study exchange support sessions you are invited to
- complete the online Pre-departure course (details to follow) and read Bon Voyage: Everything you need to know before you go abroad..
Step 4: LEARNING AGREEMENT
When instructed, you will be required to submit your learning agreement and/or funding agreement. You will receive guidance about this by email.
All outbound mobility in 2021/22 academic year is subject to any relevant covid-19 restrictions.
Please contact Erasmusemail@example.com with any further questions.