Do I need to speak another language to study abroad?

For students who do not want to study in a foreign language, we have many partner universities which offer Erasmus courses in English. You should talk to your Faculty co-ordinator about the level of language you will need for a successful exchange. Some courses require a good level of a foreign language, while others may only require GCSE level. Many European universities offer language courses for beginners and extra language support throughout the study period.

Sheffield Hallam also provides language support for students before they go abroad – our University Language Scheme offers tuition in French, German, Portuguese and Spanish at various levels.

Online language preparation is also now available for students studying or working abroad in Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish and Swedish under Erasmus+.

Total votes: 315
How useful was this page?