Can I park my car at SHU?

on campus parking is for disabled students and staff only.

If you have been recommended access to parking in your Needs Assessment or Guidance appointment then you can apply for a University Parking Permit. You must have a University Parking Permit to park in Sheffield Hallam University disabled parking spaces.

To apply, please complete the appropriate form:

and return both these documents to:

Security Services
Sheffield Hallam University
Room 505 Owen
City Campus
Sheffield S1 1WB

Security Services will process your application and issue you with a University Parking Permit. The permit will allow you to park a vehicle on your Campus in any car parking space. Please note that being issued with a permit does not guarantee a space.

If you're allocated a University Car Parking Permit, please display the permit clearly in your windscreen. If you don't do this, Sheffield City Council may issue you with a parking ticket. If this happens, it is your responsibility to discuss this with Sheffield City Council.


You need to renew your University Parking Permit each academic year. The Security Services Department will contact you by email at the start of each academic year with a renewal application. If you don't receive a renewal application please contact Security Services on 0114 225 3856.