Am I eligible for any scholarships or bursaries?
You might qualify for a scholarship or bursary. These are awarded to eligible students to help fund your studies and do not have to be paid back. To discover what funding you may be eligible for, click on the button below to open the scholarship and bursary finder.
SHU bursaries are not paid in placement years as you will not be paying the full fees during this time.
Sheffield Hallam University bursaries
- Care Leavers Bursary (£9000 fee cohort) - £1500 per year for eligible care leavers
- Care Leavers Package (£9250 fee cohort) - £3,500 per year for eligible care leavers
- Financial Bursary (16/17 starters) - a means tested award of £800 for eligible students
- Financial Bursary (15/16 starters) - a means tested award ranging from £200 to £800 for eligible students
- Food and Drink Federation Bursary - a bursary of £3000 for eligible students studying on certain courses
- GoGlobal fund - up to £500 to support you with opportunities abroad
- High Achievement Scholarship - recognition of the grades you achieve to get into University
- Hallam Hardship Fund - additional financial support for emergencies or financial hardship
- Sir Michael and Lady Morven Heller Bursary – between £500-£2000 to support you with opportunities outside your course
- Student Success Scholarship - up to £2000 and additional pastoral support - 2017/18 starters onwards
Health and Wellbeing bursaries
- Social Work- Find out about the funding available for social work students and how to apply on the NHS site