Am I eligible for any scholarships or bursaries?
Scholarships and bursaries are grants awarded to eligible students to help fund your studies. They do not have to be repaid.
If you're not sure what you might be eligible for, complete the Additional Financial Support questionnaire.
SHU bursaries are not paid in placement years as you will not be paying the full variable fees during this time.
Sheffield Hallam University bursaries
- Care Leavers Bursary - £1500 per year for eligible care leavers
- Financial Bursary (16/17 starters) - a means tested award of £800 for eligible students
- Financial Bursary (15/16 starters) - a means tested award ranging from £200 to £800 for eligible students
- Food and Drink Federation Bursary - a bursary of £3000 for eligible students studying on certain courses
- GoGlobal fund - up to £500 to support you with opportunities abroad
- High Achievement Scholarship - recognition of the grades you achieve to get into University
- Hallam Hardship Fund - additional financial support for emergencies or financial hardship
- Postgraduate Progression Scholarship - thinking of further study? You could qualify for a discount of up to 25% towards your tuition fees
- Sir Michael and Lady Morven Heller Bursary – between £500-£2000 to support you with opportunities outside your course
- Student Success Scholarship - up to £2000 and additional pastoral support - 2017/18 starters only
- Student Success Scholarship (March 2018 starters) - up to £2000 and additional pastoral support - 2018 March starters only
Health and Wellbeing bursaries
- Paramedic Practice - The full time Paramedic Practice course attracts a bursary for your living costs
- Social Work - Find out about the funding available for social work students and how to apply on the NHS site