Additional financial help

Hallam Hardship Fund - Exceptional Circumstances Only

Applications  remain closed for the Standard Award part of the Hallam Hardship Fund for the 2017/2018 academic year, but from May 10th we are accepting applications for Exceptional Circumstances. You may apply if you are in real financial hardship or need emergency payments for unexpected crises. Please read the guidance notes for full details.

Apply for the Hallam Hardship Fund

We expect the Hallam Hardship Fund to re-open for the 2018-2019 academic year in late September 2018. 

Emergency Food voucher scheme

The Emergency Food voucher scheme is designed to provide temporary financial assistance to students if you are awaiting your first maintenance loan instalment from Student Finance England or have a short term financial crisis.

You must be a fully enrolled UK/home status student and have made an application to Student Finance England on time (by 3rd June 2017).

Assistance is in the form of food vouchers, no cash alternative is available.

A small number of emergency food vouchers remain available for students in need. Applications can be made at Student Help, level 5, Owen building at City Campus or Heart of the Campus building at Collegiate Campus.

Carer's Emergency Travel Fund

A discretionary fund to provide awards to student carers who need to travel home at short notice or in an emergency to assist someone they care for. UK travel only.

This is open to enrolled Home/UK students studying full-time at either Undergraduate or Postgraduate level.

You can be reimbursed for travel via the Hallam Hardship Fund (see above) – if you have an emergency and have to travel on the day you can be issued with emergency support - please come to Student Support Services.

The maximum award from this scheme in any one year will be £80.

If you think you should have been identified as a student carer but haven’t been then please contact Student Support Services.

Financial help for dependants

Full time undergraduate or PGCE UK / home status students can apply for addtional help (for example the Adult Dependent Grant, Childcare Grant, Parent Learning Allowance) from:

Total votes: 564
How useful was this page?