What happens if I can't pay my fees?

If payment is not received by the date stipulated, you will become a debtor and recovery action will be initiated. You may lose access to IT facilities, and if we still receive no payment we will withdraw you from your course of study and may instigate formal external recovery action.

Once you are withdrawn from your course of study you will no longer be a student at the University and you will have to re-apply if you wish to undertake any further study with us. Your debt will remain payable even after you have been withdrawn.

If you are an international student who is sponsored for visa purposes by the University, we will cease your sponsorship and you will be reported to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as withdrawn from the University. For all other students, we may inform the relevant funding body that you have been withdrawn from your course of study.

If you are in debt to the University for tuition fees and have not been withdrawn, you will not be allowed to enrol for the next academic year until the debts are paid. You may also not be allowed to enrol on a new course.

If you are in your final year of your course, you will not be awarded your certificate, issued with a letter of confirmation of award, or be allowed to attend your graduation ceremony until you have paid all your tuition fee debts. Please refer to the Assessment of Students in Debt Policy for further guidance and details.

If you have a query regarding your outstanding balance, please contact the Finance Recovery Service on 0114 225 5668.

Related topics: 
Total votes: 57
How useful was this page?