High Achievement Scholarship
The High Achievement Scholarship is a £1000 package awarded to eligible full-time undergraduate students in recognition of the grades they achieve to get into University.
Please note this Scholarship is subject to the Bursary Guidelines.
To qualify for the High Achievement Scholarship a student must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum grades of ABB from three A levels, DDM at BTEC National Diploma or as grades from accepted equivalent qualifications as listed in the criteria for the qualifications and grades as stated in Appendix 1 of the full guidelines
- Have a residual household income of less than £42,875 evidenced by a means-tested assessment as part of their application for a student loan
- Be studying for a first full-time undergraduate higher education course at Sheffield Hallam University
- Have enrolled in the 2017/8 academic year
- Be domiciled in England
- Be classified as a Home student for fee purposes and paying a fee of £9250
The High Achievement Scholarship is awarded for the first academic year only. A student may only receive the award once.
Please note that only the specified qualifications are counted, and there are other restrictions and exclusions on eligibility. Please check the full guidelines carefully to see if you qualify to receive the scholarship.
How to apply
You do not need to apply for this bursary - the University will contact eligible students.
If you believe you are entitled to the bursary but have not heard anything by the end of March 2018, please contact the Admissions Department at HAS@shu.ac.uk.
If you qualify for an award you will receive the first £500 onto your SHU card in the Autumn term. The second £500 will be paid either by cheque or BACS by 14th December 2017.