Money Skills: help with budgeting
This project is all about improving your money skills across three core areas: budgeting, increasing income, reducing spending. The aim is to help you enjoy university free of worrying how you will afford your next food shop. We offer all of the following:
- A self-assessment tool to help you work out where your money skills are at currently, and how you might aim to improve them
- A series of one-hour workshops designed to be accessible, fun and interactive for you to come along and improve your skills
- One to one support appointments for students who have specific areas of money skills they really want to develop
How do I access it?
The first step is to complete the Money Skills Assessment tool on UniHub. This is a brief series of questions which will help you assess your current skills and will generate an email with some suggested next steps. Make sure you click submit at the end.
Blackbullion will empower you to be money smarter and make sound financial decisions. It teaches essential financial skills and habits that will help you throughout your life. 89% of the students who use it feel more confident about their financial future.
Blackbullion is an easy-to-use resource designed to develop your financial skills and help you to:
- maximise the value and benefit of bursaries, benefits and other types of financial aid
- manage your money better
- take control of your financial future
Go to the Blackbullion website and register with your Sheffield Hallam email address. You will then receive a login and password and you can start using the resource.
For further information why not subscribe to our blog.