Postgraduate and International Living Support Scheme (PILSS)
Sheffield Hallam University has been provided with funding by the UK Government to support students negatively affected financially by the COVID-19 pandemic. A proportion of this funding has been allocated to postgraduate and international students.
This fund is available to postgraduates (studying at level seven up to and including a doctoral degree) and international students (studying at level four or above) only.
Students wishing to apply to this fund will be asked to submit a brief personal statement as part of the application process. Successful applicants will be awarded a one-off payment of up to £300. Awards will be made to support students with their living costs.
The fund is strictly limited and applications to the scheme will close when the fund has been spent or at 5pm on Sunday 14 March 2021, whichever is earliest.
Priority will be given to students who:
- Have one or more dependent children living with them in the UK
- Have lost their job due to COVID-19 and have not been furloughed
- Have been furloughed, but they have only received 80% of their wages from their employer
- Have been unable to find work due to COVID-19
- Have incurred additional utility costs as a result of studying remotely due to COVID-19
- Face additional expenses related to caring for a family member (or member of their support bubble) who has contracted, or is vulnerable to, COVID-19
- Have a learning contract
- Have required additional time to complete their course
How to Apply
Please read the Guidance Document carefully before applying, this can be found at the start of the application form.
If you have any questions about this scheme, please contact Hallam Help.