Visas and immigration

As a Student visa holder sponsored by Sheffield Hallam University, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) expects you to meet several requirements to ensure your permission to study in the UK remains valid.

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa for your family members if they want to visit you in the UK.

Details of the Home Office scheme which grants an additional 12 months of leave in the UK to Tier 4 Doctoral students who successfully complete their doctorates at Sheffield Hallam.

A CAS letter, or Certificate of Acceptance of Studies, is required as part of the visa extension process.

You will need to complete the visa support letter request form.

Find out if your student visa allows you to work whilst you study in the UK.

If you would like to become self employed, go freelance or start your own business during your course, the Enterprise team provides all the support you need to get going.

Some of the main points to consider if you are thinking about changing course...