How do I contact the International Experience Team?
We are a specialist team supporting the international experience of all students in Sheffield Hallam University.
- specialist advice and support for international students pre-arrival, on-arrival and on-course which includes welcoming services, social transition support and visa advice;
- advice and guidance to all students planning to spend a period abroad for study, course related placement or work experience;
- opportunities for all students to engage globally on campus through projects which develop their intercultural skills and global awareness;
- support for internationalisation through curriculum-based initiatives and extra-curricular projects.
We offer the following appointments:
- Individual online appointments are available for emergency support and visa enquiries. Please attend a drop-in first.
- The International Experience Team are available for a drop-in every Monday - Friday:
In order to connect with an International Experience Team member, please complete this International Experience Drop-in form and you will be sent the secure Zoom code.
Please enter the Zoom waiting room at the times specified below for your requirements:
- 11am - 12pm - SPECIALIST ADVICE - International Experience Advisers providing support with immigration queries, visa eligibility, hardship and emergency funding.
- 12pm - 1pm - GENERAL ADVICE - International Experience Team members helping with enquiries about banks accounts, police registration, BRP collection, GoGlobal social projects.
- 2pm - 3pm - SPECIALIST ADVICE - International Experience Advisers providing support with immigration queries, visa eligibility, hardship and emergency funding.
If you have never used Zoom you will need to set up an account. Follow these instructions to set up your Zoom account.
We promote opportunities for students to internationalise their experience at Sheffield Hallam University by engaging with their culturally diverse peers, or by going on an exchange abroad. Please visit our GoGlobal pages for more information.
Throughout the academic year we also run an exciting programme of social activities and events for all students, such as our annual SHU Fest in March when the university comes to life with music, dance and art from across the globe.
Email us at email@example.com