Culture Connect peer mentoring scheme
Learning through sharing
This intercultural peer mentoring scheme helps new students (including UK, European and international) settle into university life and meet friends from around the world by matching them with a returning student.
This is a great opportunity to:
- get to know someone through a one-to-one supportive mentoring relationship
- develop your cultural awareness and learn about different traditions
- attend social activities and regular soft skills training with other members
- reflect on your learning and monitor your own behaviour
- prepare for work in diverse organisations and add to your CV
- gain eligibility for the Hallam Award which is recognised by employers
You will also be allocated a Super Mentor and a mentoring group, with whom you can discuss challenges and share advice during your time on the scheme. Your group will be made up of different nationalities which enables you to gain a wide range of perspectives.