Do I need a visa to study/work/volunteer abroad?

Whether you need a visa depends on the country you plan to study, work or volunteer, your nationality and the purpose of your visit.

If you are a Home or EU student you will not need a visa to study, work or volunteer in another EU country.

If you are classed as an international student for fees purposes, or if you are planning to study, work or volunteer outside the EU you should check the visa requirements for that country as a visa may be necessary. Please be aware that it can take up to 8 weeks to get a visa, so apply early.

If you need support with your visa application or any other advice please contact the International Experience team.

Total votes: 70
How useful was this page?