Working whilst studying at Sheffield Hallam University
Students on Standard Visitor visas are not allowed to work.
Students on Tier 4 visas are allowed to work while they are in the UK.
- Students at degree level or above can work up to 20 hours in term time, and full time in vacation periods
- Students below degree level can work up to 10 hours in term time and full time in vacation periods
- Students can work full time for up to 4 months after their course, or until their visa ends, whichever is sooner
- Sheffield Hallam University recommends that students do not work more than 15 hours per week while they study, as they will not perform to their full potential
- You must bring a term time letter (available from your Faculty Helpdesk) with you when you are asked to bring any relevant documentation in for checking at the Careers and Employability Centre.