Can I access my University email via my phone or other mobile device?
Follow these instructions to set up your SHU email on your mobile devices.
Password MUST be 8 characters or more. If it isn't, it needs to be changed
- Open your mobile device's default browser and login to your email account on http://mail.my.shu.ac.uk
- Select Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Under IMAP access, select enable IMAP
- Save changes
- Find the mail client on your mobile device
- Select Setup as Gmail account / IMAP account
- Enter student email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set IMAP server as imap.gmail.com
- Username must use the email@example.com format
A common cause of being unable to add your account to your device is your current password being too short. Please ensure your password is at least 8 characters long and try the process again. If this does not resolve the issue double check or reset your Google account settings in case you have unintentionally changed a setting. If you are still receiving an error please try the process again in a few hours or contact IT Help. It may be that your device does not support Google accounts.