Free and discounted software
We understand the download process on the SHU software portal is complex - please ask at a library Helpdesk or contact IT Help if you are having problems.
All SHU students can download Microsoft Office 365 for free, which you can install on up to 5 Windows PCs or Macs for the duration of your study.
Please ensure that your SHU IT account has been fully activated and security questions have been set up before you download it. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software webstore / portal
SHU has a further agreement with suppliers which offers software for use at home, again for free. This works slightly differently: You need to register for an account using your @student.shu.ac.uk email address and create a different password from the one you use to log in at SHU.
The statistical analysis software SPSS is not currently available to download from our software portal. Instead, it can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com
Please tell us
- your full name
- student or staff number
- which operating system you're using (Mac OS, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10).
- If you just need a licence renewal code, please let us know which version of SPSS you have.
You will receive a reply to your email containing the download links and licence code. If you need help downloading, installing and licensing this software, you can visit an IT Help point.
- Adobe's Education Solutions - Adobe products at reduced prices
- Apple Store - discounted Apple products and free delivery on Macs
- Phoenix Software - discounts on Microsoft and Adobe
- PUGH - Adobe and Microsoft packages
- Software4Students - software deals and discounts
- Studica - discounts on academic technology products; especially good for AV software
The University does not sell anti-virus software but we recommend you read our guidelines relating to staying virus-free.