Can I print using my own media?
It is possible to print onto your own paper, card or acetate (acetates must be purchased from the Helpdesk) in either library. This service uses the All-in-One printers. A3/A4, single/double sided, colour/B&W is available - for larger size printing please contact Print Services.
In order to print onto your own media you must use what is called the 'bypass tray' on the right hand side of the All-in-One printer, not the regular paper trays. You will be prompted to load your media into the bypass tray as part of the printing process (see below) - you do not need to pre-load your media.
How to print onto your own media
Step 1 - Sending the work to a printer
- Click File > Print from the program you are using (eg Word)
- Select the Own Paper printer from the dropdown menu
- Check the rest of your settings such as number of copies and double or single sided printing
- Click Print
Step 2 - Releasing the print job
- Locate your nearest All-in-One Printer
- Log in by placing your SHUcard on the red dot on the front of the printer, or by entering your student username and password on the keypad
- Press Release
- Select the job(s) you wish to print
- Press Start
- You will be prompted to load your paper into the bypass tray located on the right hand side of the All-in-One printer
- Your work will print out automatically once the paper is inserted (large documents and those with lots of images may take a few minutes to print)
- Remember to logout when you have finished
For support and guidance please visit the Helpdesk.
The Helpdesk is unable to refund students for any media damaged during printing.