The University's Language Centre
The Language Centre, Stoddart 7411, City Campus
The Language Centre is home to the vibrant University Language Scheme, with hundreds of students enrolled on language modules, French, German, Italian and Spanish Language Assistants and the Language Society. All ULS modules require four hours of self-study per week; the Language Centre offers the ideal environment, facilities and resources for this work.
You can borrow language learning books, foreign language literature books and dictionaries (which can only be used in the Language Centre). Please ask one of the Assistants if you want to browse our resources.
The newly refurbished Open Access area of the Centre has 27 computers, a copier/printer and a welcoming social space to help you prepare for your language classes, chat with the Foreign Language Assistants and work on your projects in a relaxed atmosphere.
Our Language Centre is open to students, staff and members of the public, Monday-Friday 9am-7pm and Sat-Sun 9am-5pm.
- browse our open-access language learning materials, foreign magazines and dictionaries
- work in a space that suits you: at a computer or in the social area
- book a quiet meeting room to record your assignment or practise a presentation
- use the computers to watch foreign TV and work on language projects (all computers have installed foreign-language keyboards, incl. non-European languages)
- use the newest version of Sanako Language Learning Software to improve your language skills (ask for the specialist Sanako headphones available in the Language Centre)
- improve your pronunciation and develop communicative skills in one-to-one drop-in sessions with the foreign language assistants in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- discuss your individual language needs with the Language Centre Coordinator or language tutors
- learn more about study and work placements abroad and upcoming social events
- meet other language learners and international students from all over the world
Language Centre Coordinator Dr Giulio L. Giusti - Tel: 0114 225 3639 - Email: email@example.com