Taking a language as an additional module
To register your interest in taking a language module in addition to your current modules or work please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the language you are interested in. Once the timetables are confirmed for 2019/20 you will be sent an application form where you can choose which class(es) you would like to attend.
Staff may be able to receive headstart funding to cover the costs. Please note that the ULS module application and headstart application are two separate processes to complete. Please discuss with your line manager if you would like to apply.
- Classes are intensive and designed to give you the opportunity to progress rapidly
- two hours of tuition a week from May to October in a friendly and supportive learning environment (22 students max per class)
- four hours of self-study per week for all modules; we have a range of web based self-study materials
- individual support from the language assistants in French, German, Spanish and Italian
- a self-study area
- social language learning events
- you speak, listen, read, and write in your chosen language
- active, varied learning in small groups, with lively activities and multimedia learning
- You are assessed as you learn through written and spoken assignments, so there is no final exam.
You are assessed through coursework only. First sit assessment takes place during ULS teaching weeks.
These documents give an overview of the assessment for each ULS stage.