Requesting books and other resources not in SHU collections
You can use Document Supply Services to obtain books, journal articles or other resources not available at Sheffield Hallam.
PLEASE NOTE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO SUPPLY PHYSICAL BOOKS. Please use our Resources on Request Service to check if we can provide you with access to an Electronic Book.
Request a Journal article or Book Chapter
f you can't find what you are looking for, request an item using our request form.
Request a thesis - Please note this is not currently available due to Covid-19.
You can use the British Library's EThOS service to find and request theses from other British universities. It's free for most items; if you are asked for payment or would like a thesis that is not listed in EThOS, please contact the Document Supply Services Team.
Frequently asked questions
- the details of your request are insufficient
- the item is on loan to another library
- we have to apply to another library
- expensive market research reports
- internal company reports
- unpublished reports
- unpublished papers from conferences or meeting
- some international references