How do I book a PC or meeting room?
You can make a booking in two ways:
- Advance booking - made via https://mypcbookings.shu.ac.uk - you can also do this via the Uni app, SHUgo
- Walk up booking - made in person by logging into a free PC
Booking a library PC with specialist software
- Find the software - Find what is available and where by searching or scrolling through the software list. When you have found the software you are interested in, make a note of the availability information. Some software is only available on specific library PCs, called Software A, Software B and Software C.
- Book a PC - Most of the PCs in the libraries can be in use during busy times so, if you know which type of PC you need, we recommend that you book in advance
- Go to the PC - Each bookable PC in the libraries has its number displayed next to it, which refers to that specific PC in the booking system.
If in doubt, check with your lecturer about how you can access software they have recommended, or ask at the library Helpdesk.
Things you need to know
- You will be logged out automatically at the end of your booking - you will receive three warning reminders towards the end of your session.
- You will be logged out automatically if you leave a PC idle for 30 minutes.
- If you are automatically logged out by the system, your work will not be saved. Be sure to save regularly.
- You can book up to 10 days in advance.
- You can book up to 5 hours per person per day in advance.
- If the resource is not already booked after your session is due to end, you may be able to extend your booking.
- During 'Relaxed Time', you can use any resource without restrictions. Relaxed Times are after 5pm and before 7am Monday to Friday, and after 4pm and before 7am on Saturdays and Sundays.
- PCs will log out automatically when Relaxed Time starts and finishes.
- Extensions may be available if you have time left and the resource is not already booked.
- If you log out of a PC, your booking will end. Logging back in immediately will recreate the booking as long as the PC has not been booked by anyone else.
- You must log in to a PC you have booked within 15 minutes of the start time or your booking will be cancelled.
- If you log out of a booked PC before the end of your booking, the remaining time will be added back to your daily allowance.