Facilities for students with a visual impairment or dyslexia in the libraries
- CCTV units in the Assistive Technology Resources (ATR) areas
- Specialist assistive software packages which you may find useful, such as Zoomtext, and Jaws. You can find these via Start > All programs > Assistive Technology or by searching the IT Services software list on shuspace.
- You can print on to pastel shaded paper in the ATR areas
- Library staff can help you enlarge photocopies onto different coloured paper
- The university has established regular contact with the Royal National Institute of the Blind (RNIB) and arrangements can be made for students to register with their tape-library. Remember, requests take time to process and so should be made as early as possible.
- If you require an electronic copy of articles please contact the Document Supply Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to see if it can be obtained
- The RNIB Student Support Service publishes a Student Information Pack which is available in print, Braille or on tape from RNIB Customer Services, PO Box 173, Peterborough, PE2 OW5, Telephone 08457 023153
Library staff can also help with:
- retrieving books from shelves
- database searches
- using assistive software
- Learning contract recommendations
Download our guide to accessible library services and resources [238KB PDF]