Coursework and exams

Schedules and timetables for all standard undergraduate courses

How to find your examination venues.

What to do if you are ill, or have an event which overlaps with the exam period.

You are required to present your SHUcard, which contains your student number, at all examinations to confirm your identity.

What you can, and can't, take into the examination venue.

Exam do's and don'ts, plus a brief guide to what you can expect during a formal examination.

If you have a learning contract in place by the published deadline the University should be able to accommodate your exam support arrangements. Unfortunately if your learning contract is published after this date it may not be possible to accommodate support arrangements.

If you have any concerns about completing your coursework on time due to ill health or difficult personal circumstances you must speak to your Faculty Student Services.

Guidelines for requesting another exam sit for disability-related reasons.

You may be asked to submit work through Blackboard, as a physical copy, or by post.

When and how to request an extension for coursework deadlines.

Guidelines for negotiating extensions for disability-related reasons.

Guidance for students and proofreaders.

Turnitin is a database of academic sources, student papers and websites which your work can be checked against. Any work you upload for assessment purposes may be put through this service.

When you submit work through Turnitin you should receive an originality report, detailing how much of your work's content was matched with the resource database. Find out how to interpret this report...

How to access the feedback and marks for any assessments you have taken in Blackboard.

How to appeal if there are circumstances which may have affected your performance which you did not communicate to the Assessment Board.

If you are experiencing difficulties which are having a significant impact on your ability to complete your assessments you may want to consider submitting a request to repeat an assessment attempt (RRAA).

How to access previous SHU examination papers.

What to do if you have a medical condition or have been ill.

An Academic Concern Meeting is held to discuss concerns over an item of coursework.

You have the right to appeal any decision reached by an Academic Conduct Panel or Cheating Allegation Panel, and request that the decision be reviewed.