Coursework and exams

How to find your examination venues.

You are required to present your SHUcard, which contains your student number, at all examinations to confirm your identity.

What you can, and can't, take into the examination venue.

Exam do's and don'ts, plus a brief guide to what you can expect during a formal examination.

If you have any concerns about completing your coursework on time due to ill health or difficult personal circumstances you must speak to your SSA.

What to do if you have a medical condition or have been ill.

An Academic Concern Meeting is held to discuss concerns over an item of coursework.

You have the right to appeal any decision reached by an Academic Conduct Panel or Cheating Allegation Panel, and request that the decision be reviewed.

A list of the terminology used by the university.

External Examining is one of the principal means of maintaining academic standards across the UK.