Can I change seminar groups?
There are certain situations in which you can request to change your seminar group; if you have:
- Sporting commitments (university/elite level)
- Caring responsibilities, full details required on form
- Work commitments - permitted in limited circumstances (self-employed students, final year students, students taking work based learning modules)
- Medical (routine appointments)
- Student Representative activities
- Other exceptional circumstances (case by case merit)
If you wish to change your seminar group it is important that you contact your Faculty Helpdesk as soon as possible, preferably before the start of teaching. You will need to complete a seminar group change request form.
Please note that completing a form or discussing your request with a member of the Student Services team does not guarantee that your proposed change of group will be possible.
All requests should be submitted and considered before Thursday of the 2nd week of teaching (for each semester/trimester). This is to ensure that you do not miss too much teaching with the new seminar group which may impact on any group activities.
Student Services staff will discuss and consider the request, using the criteria above. In exceptional cases, this may involve a discussion about your circumstances with relevant academic colleagues e.g. Course/ Programme Leader. The outcome of your request will be communicated to you and the timetabling team will also be informed so that your timetable can be revised.