My enrolment event

New students will be invited to attend an enrolment event. This is when you will become a member of the university and is also an opportunity for the university to verify and collect data required for processing and reporting purposes, confirm the correct fees due and comply with any statutory and professional requirements. You will be told when your enrolment day and time is when you attend induction, and there are also self-help Information Points across both campuses available 24 hours a day.

Your identification will be checked at enrolment. If you do not have any ID with you then you will not be able to enrol and will need to return at a later date with your ID to complete your enrolment.

All students must bring the following to the enrolment event:

  • Your printed pre-enrolment summary from your completed online pre-enrolment
  • Evidence of any Level 3 qualifications or above (e.g. A Level or BTEC qualifications) if the University has not already seen them or if they have not been provided by UCAS. For students on Health courses and Secondary Education courses please bring with you original GCSE certificates in Maths and English. For students on Primary and Early Years Education courses please also bring with you original GCSE certificate in Science
  • Proof of ID as set out in the Enrolment ID guidance

International students should also:

  • Provide a valid passport and visa documentation. We will take a copy of your visa and passport at your enrolment event in line with Tier 4 Immigration Regulation
  • If your course requires you to have an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate, you must bring the certificate with you to your enrolment event. If you need an ATAS certificate for your course this will be explained in your offer letter
  • You must have paid 50% of your course fee before you can enrol onto your course. You can pay your course fees via the SHU online payment system, or on arrival in Sheffield
Related topics: 
Total votes: 481
How useful was this page?