Can I invoice my employer or sponsor for my tuition fees?

If your sponsor is your employer (or another company/funding body that has agreed to pay your tuition fees) the sponsor letter should:

  • be on the company's letter-headed paper
  • be signed by an appropriate member of staff, ie your manager
  • detail the level of support that the company is providing for you, either a specific amount or percentage they are willing to pay, ie 100% of fees
  • contain the correct postal address details for our invoice to be sent to
  • contain details of any reference number/purchase order number that we will need to quote on our invoice.

A new sponsor letter should be sent in at the start of each new academic year and should be sent to:

The Finance Directorate
Invoicing Team
Sheffield Hallam University
Howard Street
S1 1WB

Third party companies will be asked to pay 30 days from the date of our invoice.  If we fail to secure payment from the sponsor, we reserve the right to re-issue the invoice to you personally.

If your sponsor is a relative or friend, we are not able to invoice them.  In this instance, we would invoice you personally, and they would be able to make payment on your behalf.

Related topics: 
Total votes: 394
How useful was this page?