Can I view my timetable in SHUgo?
All new students will receive an email from IT Help in early October 2018 detailing how to add your timetable to your SHU Google Calendar. Once you have done this you will be able to view your timetable via the calendar module in SHUgo.
If you are a returning student and have already linked your timetable you will not have to do it again; your new timetables will be pulled through at the same time as new students receive their email. If you have previously been sent an email but haven't actioned the link then you will receive a reminder email.
You MUST complete this step on a desktop PC.
- Log in to shuspace
- Access your email via your Dashboard channel on the My SHU tab
- Open the email from IT Help and click on Add your timetable
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add your calendar to your Google account
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect and ensure all the tick boxes are checked next to the calendar(s) you wish to add
- Click Save in the bottom right corner
- Finally, add your Google Gmail account to your device in the standard way - please ensure you turn on calendar syncing in your settings.
Your calendars should now begin to sync to your device in its native calendar application. It may take a few minutes for events to appear.
Please note: Calendars are updated every 8-9 hours. There may be a short delay before they appear on your device.
Error message "You do not have access to SHU calendar's calendar"
If you have followed all the steps above but see this error message, you can add the calendar manually.
- Click the Other Calendars drop down option and choose Add by URL
- Paste the part of the URL link from http://timetable.shu.ac.uk into the URL field
- Click Add Calendar
I can’t see my calendar
The Google Calendar page has a left sidebar that displays your calendars; it may be that your calendar is currently hidden. Clicking the calendar name toggles between showing and hiding the calendar. A full coloured box represents a visible calendar whereas just an outline means the calendar is hidden. Ensure all calendars are visible.
If you cannot see your calendar, but didn't receive any error messages during the setup, it is likely that it has been added but is currently set to invisible, off or not shown. Changing your calendar to visible will fix this. Again please refer to your device's instruction manual if you need help on how to do this.
How to I customise calendar settings?
The Google Calendar page has a left sidebar displaying your current calendars. Clicking the arrow next to the name will show a drop down box with many options, including a link to settings.