Can I change seminar groups?
There are certain situations in which you can request to change your seminar group, for example if you have:
- sporting commitments (university/elite level)
- caring responsibilities, full details required on form
- work commitments - permitted in limited circumstances (self-employed students, final year students, students taking work based learning modules)
- medical (routine appointments)
- student rep activities
- other exceptional circumstances (case by case merit)
If you need to change your seminar group you must contact your Faculty Helpdesk as soon as possible, preferably before the start of teaching. You will need to complete a seminar group change request form. All requests should be submitted before the Thursday of the 2nd week of teaching (for each semester/trimester) to ensure that you do not miss too much teaching with the new group.
The outcome of your request will be communicated to you and the timetabling team will also be informed so that your timetable can be revised.
If the change is not possible, due to clashes with your existing timetable or capacity issues, the Timetabling team will work with your Faculty Student Services team to explore alternatives.