Additional support for care leavers, carers, mature students and students estranged from family
Our named advisers provide practical, financial and welfare advice to care leavers, carers, students estranged from family and mature students. This includes:
- support with settling into university life and help to resolve any issues
- regular newsletters by email about relevant opportunities, services and events
- more in depth support and information via our blog
- one-to-one advice about university life
- referrals to university services and local partner organisations
Nominated advisers can provide tailored information and guidance to students who have been looked after by a local authority during childhood - Find out more.
Students with caring responsibilities have dedicated advisers providing practical advice and supported referrals.
Initial Guidance Appointments
To book an Initial Guidance Appointment please contact Student Support Services via Hallam Help.