Help with my course

It is easy to be overwhelmed at the beginning, or to feel homesick, especially if you are not used to doing things for yourself.

Our advisers provide practical, financial and welfare advice to students who are care leavers, carers, mature students and students estranged from family.

When unexpected issues arise it's important that you talk to someone as soon as possible.

Some of the main points to consider if you are thinking about changing course...

Personal circumstances might require you to take a break in your studies - here's what you need to consider.

Counselling offers you a chance to talk things through with someone who is apart from your everyday life.

You may experience distress or problems with your mental health during your time at SHU. Disabled Student Support and Student Wellbeing can support you in different ways.

The University will take whatever action is appropriate and feasible against those who harass or bully.

What to do if you have a medical condition or have been ill.

At Sheffield Hallam we provide specialist support to refugee students due to the additional challenges you face which can have considerable impact on your educational experiences and outcomes.

Everything you need to know about fees, loans and grants should you decide to leave your course.